Newsletter SOCIAL DISTANCING
Following a meeting at the Club yesterday
- In accord with RFU / FA directives, no rugby or football activity of any kind can take place at Ross Road or any other venue until 14th April when it will be reviewed. This includes matches, training or tournaments for both Senior and Junior players.
- Given Government guidance for people not to visit pubs, clubs etc. the decision has been taken to close the Clubhouse with immediate effect for the next 14 days up until March 31st. This is to protect staff, members and customers. In addition we will minimise ongoing expenditure.
- The V.P. lunch scheduled for 28th March will be postponed and held as soon as is practically possible.
- The Sportsman’s Dinner due to take place on 17th April will be subject to ongoing review.
- All staff will, where possible, work from home and spend only essential time on Club premises.
- Given the significant impact of these measures, real focus must be given to holding a number of big events at the Club at the earliest opportunity following ‘Lock Down’.
- All of the directives will be kept under constant review and weekly meetings of the committee will continue
- Next meeting 9am Tuesday March 24th
Obviously this is very sad news for everyone; both senior and junior players, staff, members and all fans of LRFC rugby.
This, combined with the floods, will seriously affect the club’s finances. Therefore we hope that, when everything gets back to normal, you are able to support the club even more than usual. Everyone is going to be affected by the current situation and if the club can assist in alleviating your pain by promoting, advertising, combining resources or anything else for the greater good then please get in touch with Rachel Trott, our commercial manager, soon. Rachel has many ideas on how we can work together for mutual benefit. The best way to get in contact at the moment is by email, please click here.
Both Brian Viner and Roger Utley are very understanding of the situation and have offered themselves to speak again as soon as we are able to host them. When this does happen please come along to enjoy their company and help the Club too!
The Gold Cup Day at the Club on the 13th March was again a great success. This is a relatively new event for the club and has proved to be both great fun for the “punters” and a novel income stream for the clubhouse. If you have any new (or old) ideas, that would benefit the Club, big or small, please let Rachel know on the link above.
Other events that have been postponed or cancelled are the County Under 16s Presentation Evening, weekly classes such as Ledbury Choir, Zumba, Slimming world, Supastrikers, Core and Stretch Group, birthday parties and even the Junior Presentation Evening is in doubt. Please give some thought to our club in the next few weeks/months to make sure that we really hit the ground running for the beginning of next season.